It all started with a powerful idea:
Milford Tee Austria was founded in 1972 as a result of the acquisition of Grosch Tee and was the first subsidiary company of the Ostfriesische Tee Gesellschaft in Hittfeld near Hamburg.
Milford Tee Austria’s relocation from Innsbruck to Hall in 1975 was the foundation for its thriving. As true Austrians, experienced in climbing high mountains, the Milford Tee Austria team quickly developed the right strategies to conquer the Austrian market.
Soon the production capacities were no longer adequate to meet the demand for MILFORD products and so a new production facility was built in Hall, which began operating in September 1985.
With innovative and consumer-friendly products, hip advertising campaigns and a marketing and sales strategy, Milford Tee Austria team successfully competed in the segment of flavoured fruit teas and even gained market leadership.
The starting point for the contextual development of our products is always the focus on people’s needs for pleasure and health, to ensure continuous success all over Europe.
Chronology of a fascinating company history
- 1907: Laurens Janssen founded the Ostfriesische Tee Gesellschaft, OTG
- 1972: Foundation of MILFORD TEE AUSTRIA
- 1975: Relocation from Innsbruck to Hall in Tyrol
- 1985: Construction of a new production facility in Hall in Tyrol
- 1987: MILFORD TEE AUSTRIA was the first provider to pack flavoured fruit tea into bags; expansion of production
- 1994: MILFORD TEE AUSTRIA was the first company in the tea processing industry to receive the DIN ISO 9001 certification
- 1999: Market entry into the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Croatia, warehouse expansion at Hall
- 2000: Market entry into Hungary
- 2001: MILFORD brings the double-bag system without metal clip in the Austrian market; market entry into Slovenia, Bosnia, Serbia, Montenegro
- 2004: Market entry into Italy
- 2006: Expansion of the site in Hall in Tyrol in order to meet the challenges in the export markets (CEE-/SEE-Countries)
- 2009: Market entry into Bulgaria and Romania
- 2012: Introduction of Herbs & Fruits brand re-launch – innovative new tea concept with communicative support – for the first time with TV in Hungary
- 2014: Launch Coldbrew Infusions “cool&casty”
- 2012: MILFORD TEE AUSTRIA führt als erste Teemarke flächendeckend vier Kräutertees im Teebeutel ein, deren Zutaten zu 100 % aus österreichischem Bio-Anbau stammen
- 2014: MILFORD Design Relaunch of all CEE Products/ Launch of the innovative ESSENCES range for your WORK-LIFE-BALANCE